A clinical trial is being run by Griffith University Dental Clinic, where we are comparing two commonly available implant designs over the course of 18 months. The study involves comparing laser microtextured implants with and without platform switching.
We are currently looking for volunteers who are missing at least two teeth and who may require two implants. The volunteers will be required to visit the Griffith University Dental Clinic on the Gold Coast campus for follow up reviews over the next 18 months.
Eligibility criteria for the trial
- Patients require two implants at the same time
- Have enough healthy natural jaw bone and gingiva (gums) to place the implants
- A tooth or denture opposite the implant (so that it will be used)
- Enough space to fit the implant-crown between the teeth
- Be over 18 years old
- Have excellent oral hygiene habits
Patients are unlikely to qualify if they have the following
- Untreated gum disease or other dental infections
- Grinding or clenching habits
- General health conditions which affect implants (such as diabetes)
- Regular prescription medications which affect dental implants
- Drug or alcohol abuse disorders
- Inability to give informed consent
The implants are being provided by Biohorizons to the dental school.
Find our more
If you would like more information or believe that you are eligible to participate in the trial please contact our dental clinic reception for further information or to book a screening appointment to confirm your eligibility on 1800 188 295.
Griffith University Dental Clinic is located on Level 3, Griffith Health Centre (G40), Gold Coast campus, Cnr Parklands Drive and Olsen Avenue, Southport QLD 4215
GU ethics ref no: 2018/777