We are currently looking for eligible participants to participate in a clinical trial around anti-ageing.
You can participate if you:
- Are 50-75 years old
- Have No serious current illness
- Have No significant chronic diseases (including kidney, liver, neurological diseases, autoimmune diseases, Type 1 Diabetes or medicated Type 2 diabetes).
What is involved?
- If you register your interest, you will receive a phone call from the Griffith’s Clinical Trial Unit to discuss some basic health questions.
- You may then be asked to visit the Griffith University Clinical Trial Unit on the Gold Coast campus (G40) for a screening visit.
- You will be asked to attend 3 more visits; at the start of the trial (week 0), then again after 6 and 12 weeks. Each visit will take approximately 1 hour.
- You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire and cognitive function tests (iPad) at each of the visits.
- You will be asked to give fasting blood samples at 2 of the 4 visits.
- You will be required to swallow two herbal medicine tablets, twice a day for 12 weeks as part of this trial.