The Clinical Trial Unit (CTU) at Griffith University is participating in a global Phase 3 clinical trial to test a potential new vaccine against Covid-19 and is therefore seeking healthy volunteers.
The vaccine to be tested is a recombinant protein vaccine based on an established flu vaccine technology combined with an adjuvant which enhances the immune response. All participants in this trial will receive the trial vaccine; there is no placebo. Analysis of data from Phase 1 and 2 trials have not shown any serious adverse events related to the vaccine.
Eligible participants will be reimbursed for their time and travel associated with each study visit and
follow up telephone calls.
About the study:
- The trial is 13 months long in total
- Has 8 scheduled visits to the CTU on the Gold Coast Campus, and regular telephone calls
- Participants will have 2 doses of the study vaccine through an intramuscular injection in the
- arm, 21 days apart
- The study involves nasal swabs, blood collections and completion of a diary post-vaccination
To participate in the study, you must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 55 years
- In good general health
- Have not had any COVID-19 vaccines in the past or been infected with COVID-19
- Do not intend to receive an approved COVID-19 vaccine within the next 6 weeks
- Available to attend the CTU for 8 scheduled visits
If you would like to register your interest:
For further information please contact the Clinical Research Coordinator Alina Kepple on 07567 80286 or email [email protected]