Are you struggling dealing with your Type 2 diabetes? If so, our new ‘Diabetes Education and Active Lifestyle (DEAL) program may be for you.
Why is managing Type 2 diabetes important?
- Type 2 diabetes is a chronic and progressive health condition.
- Mismanagement can lead to numerous unpleasant symptoms such as: being excessively thirsty, feeling tired and lethargic, always feeling hungry, headaches and more.
- If not controlled over an extended period of time, secondary conditions can arise such as heart attack, kidney failure, blindness and more.
About the DEAL Program
The program will involve an initial one-on-one consultation with an Exercise Physiologist or Dietitian who will introduce you to the program and will collect baseline measures regarding your Type 2 diabetes
Following your initial consultation, you will then be invited to join an 8 week group program that includes a combination of diet, education, and exercise; optimising a multidisciplinary approach to managing your Type 2 diabetes.
Sessions are tailored and designed to help you:
- Understand risk factors associated with type 2 diabetes and how to minimise them.
- Learn how to best treat and manage your diabetes in a controlled and safe environment.
- Increase awareness and confidence around your condition.
- Monitor blood glucose levels, blood pressure and weight.
- Maintain lifestyle changes upon completion of the program.
Times and Location
- Initial one-on-one assessments are at flexible times.
- Group Sessions run from 4:30pm – 5:45pm Thursdays, commencing 29th October for 8 weeks
- All sessions will be conducted at Griffith Health Clinics, Parklands Drive, Southport.
- The program is bulk-billed to Medicare with a Type 2 Diabetes group services referral from your GP.
Find out more and bookings
If you’d like to find out more about the program or register to participate please call our reception team on 1800 188 295 or email us at [email protected]
Leave details (Phone, email, GP details where possible)
About the DEAL team
Nick Steel is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist working with chronic conditions, lifestyle change and supporting people in movement. Nick has a passion for helping others move, improving their lifestyle and modifying their health holistically. He has experience working with a range of clients and conditions in both NSW and QLD and is passionate about supporting those looking to get their health back on track.
Nathan Delang is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) and strives to improve the health of clients throughout all stages of their life. Nathan utilises years of research and clinical experience to provide clients with personalised dietary advice for optimum health, as well as helping to manage a wide range of chronic conditions.
Both practitioners are passionate about helping people manage and improve their Type 2 diabetes to optimise long term success and sustainability.
View our entire range of health clinics at https://www.griffith.edu.au/griffith-health/clinics